Your cart is currently empty.
When and why did you become a trainer?
My career as a fitness trainer started 8 years ago, I found that my passion is to help people to overcome their physical challenges.
What are some adjectives your clients would use to describe you?
Knowledgeable, creative, supportive, motivational. I often get comments such as “She just seems to know what your body needs.” “Chiho knew exactly what I needed to become stronger…” She knows just how much to push in order to assist in achieving your goals.”
What made you choose the IFPA?
IFPA courses are very practical. It was a great way to brush up on my knowledge as a certified fitness trainer since I have a bachelor degree in sports science, have a back ground of teaching and coaching fitness, also played basketball professionally. I’ve read quite a few good reviews about the courses and trainers. I like the wide variety of courses and certifications IFPA offers.
How do you keep your clients motivated?
Praising their effort and achievement. I like offering a variety of training routines and methods to keep my clients interested and challenged which also helps to improve overall fitness and prevent overuse injuries.
If you have taken more than one course, what has been your favorite certification course?
Advanced Flexibility Specialist course.
What is your best success story?
Every client has different levels of challenges, goals and success. Here are some comments from my testimonials…
– I have worked out with a few personal trainers over the past 10 to 15 years and none of them were able to help me achieve the results that Chiho has.
– I had no balance and was in constant pain from sciatica and poor posture. I had a Eureka moment when I was able to put on my tights while balancing on one leg.
– I’ve lost 38 lbs and I’m wearing jeans for the first time in 17 years.
– I could not lift my arms over my shoulder, now I can!!
– My friends noticed the significant improvement with my posture
– My left shoulder was so tight and I was not able to touch my mid back with my right hand or lift my arm straight up for a long time. I’ve got way better range of motions in my shoulders with just 1 stretching session with Chiho.
What qualities set you apart from other personal trainers? Education? Experience?
Since I implement the PNF stretching to my program, I’ve witnessed the improvements not only in my clients, but my business. Applying stretching to my clients is one of the best way to know their conditions. I even offer “Total body stretching” which people visit me for just stretching.
I’m a certified posture specialist as well. Posture evaluation helps to identify client’s conditions and solutions to their challenges.
How do you envision growing your personal training business?
I feel grateful that I’m a full time personal trainer working in my home studio. I believe that dedication to my client’s success is a key to build clientele and expand my personal training business.
What is your best advice to someone just starting in the business?
– Go the extra miles for your clients.
– Promote something unique about your business.
– Practice doesn’t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. Don’t waste you or your client’s time and effort on just working out hard. Practice right program to get the best results.
Chiho’s Fitness Solutions
Location: Chilliwack, BC, CANADA
IFPA Certifications: Personal Fitness Trainer, Sports Medicine Trainer, Advanced Flexibility Specialist, Functional Muscle Training Specialist,
Other Education & Certifications: Bachelor of Sports Science (Nippon Sport Science University), Certified Posture Specialist (National Posture Institute)