Your cart is currently empty.
40 Tips To Reaching Your Fat Loss Goals
Best Practices in Your Weight Loss, And Preferably… Fat Loss Goals.
- Plan to lose no more than 2 pounds/week. Faster weight loss results in Yo-Yo Dieting and you will gain it back and more.
- Mix a well-balanced diet by eating a variety of foods.
- Minimizing or negate highly processed foods.
- Drink sufficient water to keep your urine clear to nearly clear, the recommendation of 64 ounces/day may not be enough.
- Minimize your intake of refined sugars.
- Limit all sugar intake.
- Total calorie intake of fat should be between 15-35% of your total calories.
- Minimize saturated fat
- Set a goal to get to and maintain a healthy weight
- Enjoy a variety of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- Eat regular meals
- Eat moderate protein, do not eat until you feel full.
- Balance your food choices over days.
- Know your diet pitfalls and make sure to keep them OUT of your house.
- Make changes gradually
- Do not classify foods as Good or Bad
- Exercise Everyday, add some moderately intense to intense exercises, 3-4 days/week.
- Record what you eat and when you eat it and record how you feel (hungry, lonely, tired, bored, depressed, starving, etc.)
- Watch your meal timing as waiting too long between meals leads to over-eating and less healthy food choices.
- Small healthy snacks can help reduce hunger and maintain a higher metabolism
- Eliminate trans fats.
- DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST
- Do not go more than 5 hours without eating
- Eat your larger meals earlier in the day.
- Eat soon after exercise: immediately to within 2 hours.
- Mix protein, complex carbohydrates and some fat with every meal.
- Read and understand all labels
- No fried foods
- Use non-fat cooking sprays, i.e.: Pam
- Use monosaturated oils, preferably olive oil (extra-virgin tastes best)
- Increase fiber intake (25-35 grams/day)
- Include strength training at least 2 days/week
- Include a minimum of over 20 minutes/day of cardiovascular training most days of the week.
- Include flexibility training most days of the week.
- Choose fruits or other healthy snacks, low in fat with a low glycemic index instead of giving in to a “junk food” or “comfort food” craving. Waiting 20 minutes after consuming the healthier choice makes the craving go away.
- Avoid simple sugars, i.e.: Soda, cake, candy, etc., most days of the week. One “Cheat Day” every week is allowable and may be preferred to restore thyroid hormone production, especially T-3 and T-4
- When eating, focus on eating. Distracted eating, i.e: eating while watching TV often leads to over-eating.
- Never grocery shop while hungry
- Make healthy snacks readily available
- Study and Learn Nutrition