Your cart is currently empty.
Corrective Exercise Specialist
Personal trainers have been helping their clients achieve their health and fitness goals for decades. In order to expand your Scope of Practice and help many more of your Personal Training Clients live longer, healthier and happier lives, you need to become a Corrective Exercise Specialist. While you may have already learned that many of your Personal Training Clients’ aches and pains are caused by lack of Symmetry and musculoskeletal imbalances, you may lack the knowledge, skills, abilities, and confidence to truly execute the exercise prescription to help.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn how to address musculoskeletal disorders and dysfunctions through the utilization of appropriate corrective exercises.
- Learn how to correct acute or chronic musculoskeletal issues that prevent your clients from performing physical activities and exercises pain-free.
- Learn how you can correct multiple issues affecting the 55 or over age group that represents the fastest-growing segment of those joining a gym.
- Learn the requisite competencies in corrective exercise selection, program design, and exercise prescription to fill the gap in the important 55 and older group.
- Learn the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities of corrective exercise to help all your clients live longer, healthier, happier and pain-free lives
Course Learning Outcomes
- Be competent in conducting the specific assessments to qualify common musculoskeletal imbalances
- Understand how each of these common imbalances affect bones and soft tissue structures
- Be competent in demonstrating, teaching and correcting all the necessary corrective exercises
- Be competent in selecting the appropriate exercise strategies for a client’s condition
- Be competent in customizing corrective exercise programs appropriate to each individual for correcting the underlying cause of muscle and joint disorders and pain
- Achieve a high level of competency of Structural Assessment
- Achieve a high level of competency of understanding muscle movements
- Achieve a high level of competency of corrective exercises
- Achieve a high level of competency of SMR exercises
- Achieve a high level of competency of Stretching exercises
- Achieve a high level of competency of Strengthening exercises
- Know how to build successful client Relationships
- Know how to build a successful Corrective Exercise Practice.
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple-choice, open book) certification exam
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certified
- In order to become IFPA Certified, you must currently be CPR/First Aid Certified
|Dimensions||12.125 × 9.125 × 1.625 in|
E-Course, Hard Copy