Your cart is currently empty.
Continuing Education Units: 12 Credits
The Diabetic Athlete continuing education program is the go-to course for trainers and athletes wanting to achieve optimal performance while coping with Diabetes.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn how to work with an individual who has diabetes
- Learn how to incorporate the core system into training during on and off season
- Learn different types of insulin and their effect on blood sugars
- Learn the differences between hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- Know how to training effects the blood sugar levels
- Know the effect of energy sources on blood sugar levels
- Know how to work with the blood sugar levels and performance
- Know how to administer glycemic foods with the results of blood sugar levels
- Understand the importance of training all ages with diabetes
- Understand the importance of a stable blood sugar level and the effects on performance
- Understand diet modifications for numerous exercises
- Understand when to use glucose monitoring
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) CEU Exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (recommend, but not required)
|Dimensions||12.125 × 9.125 × 1.25 in|
E-Course, Hard Copy