Your cart is currently empty.
Exercise for the Frail Elderly
Continuing Education Units: 12 Credits
The Exercise for the Frail Elderly CEU Course provides trainers with the knowledge, skills and abilities to train frail elders and adults with special conditions, safely and effectively.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the common disorders and special needs of the Frail Elderly
- Learn how to setup a Group Fitness Class for Frail Elders
- Learn how to modify exercises for each special need or condition
- Learn how to make your training session motivating, safe and effective for the Frail Elderly
- Know the variations and progressions of resistance training for Frail Elders
- Know the variations and progressions of aerobic training for Frail Elders
- Know the variations and progressions of balance exercises for Frail Elders
- Know the variations and progressions of breathing exercises for Frail Elders
- Understand how to complete an effective health and fitness appraisal for Frail Elders
- Understand the Wellness Model
- Understand how design an effective warm-up and cool-down for Frail Elders
- Understand how to create a sense of community with your Frail Elderly clients
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) CEU Exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (recommend, but not required)
|Dimensions||12.125 × 9.125 × 1.5 in|
E-Course, Hard Copy