Fitness and Health Specialist
The Fitness and Health Specialist is an introduction to the active life. Learn the benefits to effective mental, cognitive and physical health. Turn your clients life around with psychological and behavioral changes. Dive into the physiology of fitness with muscle contractions, energy sources, supply and support systems. You will also learn to improve stamina, strength and endurance with proper testing and prescriptions. Finally, the Fitness and Health Specialist explores energy, nutrition and weight control.
The Fitness and Health Specialist delivers the framework for accomplishing all health and fitness goals. This is your complete guide for aerobic and muscular fitness, as well as nutrition and weight control.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn how to reduce the risk of chronic diseases
- Learn how to actively reduce anxiety, stress and depression
- Learn the importance of health screening
- Learn how to motivate and set goals for yourself and your clients
- Learn the stages of behavioral change
- Know the physiology of fitness
- Know how to create aerobic exercise, exercise prescriptions
- Know how to create strength fitness prescriptions
- Know how to create endurance fitness prescriptions
- Know calculate caloric intake
- Understand the psychology of activity
- Understand healthy habits for longevity
- Understand the force-velocity relationship
- Understand the benefits of muscular fitness
- Understand weight control
Certification Package Contents
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.