High Intensity Training Certification
The latest research proves that High Intensity Training, H.I.T., is not only among the fastest ways to reach your fitness, health, and weight loss goals; H.I.T. is also among the safest ways to your fitness goals. Since the 1970’s people have used aerobic exercise almost exclusively to achieve their weight loss, or more accurately, their fat loss goals. Now we know that H.I.T., High Intensity Training is far more effective, and in many cases, can be far safer than many of the extremely long duration, high volume, and low intensity aerobic exercise programs that are still being employed.
The ironic fact that is currently unknown among many of the most ardent proponents of long duration, high volume training is most of the World’s Greatest Endurance athletes do not use long duration, high volume training at all! Since the 1950’s, follow the great success of Swedish endurance athletes using FARTLEK(the Swedish word for “speed-play”) training, an early form of High Intensity Interval Training, H.I.I.T. All the greats in Aerobic endurance have used variations of High Intensity, Low Volume, low duration training. Most marathon runners who know how to train smart will run for less than 11 miles/week of H.I.I.T. in preparation for a 26.2 miles marathon race!
The IFPA High Intensity Training Certification is specifically designed to give you 300 unique program designs that include high intensity exercises from weight-lifting, plyometrics, kettle bells, body-weight exercises, strength band, and strength ball exercises, Olympic lifting, medicine ball exercises, sand-bag exercises, gymnastics exercises, sprinting, box jump exercise, cable exercises, suspension training exercises, core exercises, functional training exercises, dumbbell exercises, foam roller exercises, and more.
You will also be taught unique program designs that will successfully solve many of the most common problems you have as a Personal Trainer in both recruiting and retaining personal training clients. The most challenging problems you face as a Personal Trainer is how to get new clients? Recruiting! And how do you keep your clients? Retention!
High Intensity Training solves your problems by having answers to all your Personal Training Clients objections:
- Client: I don’t have time to exercise.
Personal Trainer: Great! I use High Intensity Training so a personal training session will typically be less than 30 minutes.
- Client: I don’t have the motivation to exercise.
Personal Trainer: I know how you feel, most of my clients find weight lifting about as exciting as watching grass grow! I use High Intensity Training specifically designed to keep you entertained and motivated by constantly doing new, exiting, and fun exercises. I promise you, you will never be bored again.
- Client: I don’t have the energy to exercise.
Personal Trainer: I understand exactly how you are feeling right now because almost every one of my clients felt the same when they started personal training with me, but what they all found was that my specially designed High Intensity Training Programs did not take energy away from them, it actually created energy in them. High Intensity Training actually regenerates your mitochondria so they begin to produce energy again. So if you are feeling low on energy, that is the precise reason you NEED to train with me. If you don’t, your feelings of low energy will only get worse!
*These are just a few examples of how you will use your new found knowledge, skills and abilities to gain more clients than ever, and keep them forever through safe and effective use of High Intensity Training.
We have learned a lot since aerobic exercise training became popular half a century ago. You need to learn for yourself how valuable, safe, and effective High Intensity Training can be for you and your clients.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the proper safe and effective use of High Intensity Training, H.I.T.
- Learn how to integrate High Intensity Training, H.I.T. into your personal training business.
- Learn how to get much better results, in much less time for all your personal training clients.
- Learn why High Intensity Training, H.I.T., can be a safer method of achieving rapid results than “old-school” low intensity, long duration, high volume training.
- Learn why High Intensity Training, H.I.T., can be far more effective at achieving rapid results for weight loss and fat loss goals rather than other personal training methods.
- Know how to manipulate Intensity in H.I.T. to achieve your personal training goals.
- Know the 3 key Principles as to why H.I.T. is an efficient and results driven approach to training.
- Know how to use Fitness Assessments using H.I.T. benchmark workouts in preparation of your clients’ participation in H.I.T.
- Know how to progress your H.I.T. workouts.
- Know how to perform specific dynamic warm-up exercises for H.I.T. and essential H.I.T. static stretch and cool downs.
- Understand how to implement 300 separate and unique program designs using the variation principle effectively to achieve rapid results.
- Understand the factors that affect athlete’s nutritional needs
- Understand how to customize your personal training workouts to meet or exceed all your clients’ individual goals,
- Understand how to use the Individuality principle to maximum effectiveness.
- Understand the appropriate use of all Exercise Physiology Principles, including the Gradual Progressive Overload Principle, GPO, to safely and effectively achieve any of your personal training clients’ goals.
Certification Package Contents
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid credentials highly recommended, but not required.