Your cart is currently empty.
Senior Fitness Specialist
The Senior Fitness Specialist describes the physical changes and other factors such as motor coordination, and motor control and how the body ages throughout a lifespan. This course addresses health, exercise and cognitive function as well as health-related expectation for older adults. This certification will give you the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to train seniors safely and effectively, and most importantly; improve their quality of life.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the special needs of older adults
- Learn to train the over 70 million adults over the age of 50 safely and effectively
- Learn the new research that indicates regular exercise is essential to improving and maintaining the quality of one’s life
- Learn the essential information fitness professionals need to know to provide older adults with safe and effective fitness programs from the physiology of aging to the techniques and tools for motivating and communicating with older adults
- Learn the precise knowledge, skills and abilities needed by Personal Trainers, Activity Directors, Health Educators and Fitness Facility Managers
- Know how to train for flexibility
- Know how to develop training systems and techniques
- Know advanced training strategies
- Know types of detraining
- Know the affect of muscle action type
- Know the physiology of aging
- Know the physical changes in structure, capacity and endurance
- Know the restrictions to exercise due to aging
- Know how to motivate older adults
- Know how to communicate with older adults
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.
|Dimensions||12.125 × 9.125 × 1.875 in|