Sports Medicine Trainer
The knowledge you gain from this IFPA Sports Medicine Trainer is invaluable to all Personal Fitness Trainers. Many of your clients will come to you with numerous aches and pains from old and new injuries. This Sports Medicine Certification is an indispensable learning experience that will teach you how to prevent, analyze, understand and care for exercise, fitness, and sports related injuries. This course will lead you to becoming your community’s most noted expert on the care and prevention of athletic injuries. Your reputation as a “healer” and having the power to eliminate your client’s pain, disabilities and dysfunctions can make you the single most sought-after fitness professional in your community.
People are spending tens of thousands of dollars and MORE, on drugs, surgeries and medical treatments and getting no relief from chronic pain. You can provide safe and effective exercise prescriptions to eliminate that pain…PERMANENTLY! Most athletic injuries can only be healed through the safe and effective use of exercise prescriptions; drugs can provide temporary relief from pain, but because the underlying injury has not healed, the patient often increases the damage to the injured area. This sports medicine certification will provide you powerful knowledge to truly help people eliminate pain, heal their injuries and return to full, optimal functionality!
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn understand, and utilize the sports medicine principals presented here for the care and prevention of sports and fitness related injuries.
- Learn and utilize with proficiency; safe, effective, and targeted exercise prescription in the sports medicine field.
- Learn and understand the “Do’s, Don’ts, Truths, and Misconceptions!” concerning sports medicine principles.
- Learn the proficient use of safe, effective, and targeted rehabilitation exercises for sports medicine protocols.
- Learn with proficiency how to rehab various injuries and difference muscle, joint, and bone sports medicine injuries and dysfunctions.
- Know the sports medicine “General Tip-Offs” that are common to sports medicine injuries and dysfunctions.
- Know what safe, effective, and specific actions to take for sports medicine injuries and dysfunctions.
- Know the positive possibilities to look for in a good sports medicine doctor.
- Know the sports medicine principles for safe and effective exercise prescriptions (the “BEST” Medicine for the Body!!!).
- Know the procedures and preparations for sports medicine operations and surgeries.
- Understand exercise prescriptions and exercises for ankle, foot, lower leg, knee, thigh and back injuries
- Understand exercise prescriptions and exercises for the back and neck
- Understand exercise prescriptions and exercises for the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Understand exercise prescriptions and exercises for preventative medicine injuries
- Understand both common and rare injuries that occur in all ranges of athletic performance from the weekend warriors to pro athletes and how to treat these injuries when they do take place
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.