Women's Fitness Specialist
The Women’s Fitness Specialist is designed to give you another powerful weapon in your fitness arsenal. Since men and women are so fundamentally different it is not beneficial for women to follow one of current fitness models that are based on the male paradigm. The Women’s Fitness Specialist goes beyond this male-based system by taking in account the physical, mental, emotional, and social differences between the two sexes. This groundbreaking model will open new doors for any professional working with women in a health and fitness setting.
Out of stock
The Women’s Fitness Specialist is designed to provide a sound, scientifically based understanding of concepts and recommendations related to training women. This course will better prepare fitness professionals to design programs that not only motivate women, but also take into account their physical psychological, social, and emotional differences. Secondarily, this course will examine the different stages of a woman’s life, provide prescriptions and modifications for adolescents, pregnant mothers, postpartum women, and menopausal women. Finally, the Women’s Fitness Specialist Certification will take an in depth look at training female athletes and preventing the female triad (Osteoporosis, eating disorders, and menopause). This course, like all IFPA courses, will raise the professional standard for the fitness industry.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn how to help all females, girls and women with their unique health and fitness needs.
- Learn how to build a solid theoretical basis for girls and women’s health and fitness programming.
- Learn how to develop programs that take into account how females see the world.
- Learn how to design your training around women’s physical, psychological, social, and emotional needs.
- Learn about appropriate exercise for females at different life stages.
- Know the goals for Adolescence.
- Know the priorities and modification for Pregnancy.
- Know the program evaluation strategies for Postpartum Period.
- Know the exercise components/prescriptions for Menopause.
- Know the contraindications for exercise, conditions requiring assessment and warning signs in pregnancy.
- Understand how to set goals and priorities for female adolescence.
- Understand specific program design for female adolescence.
- Understand specific exercise interactions with pregnancy.
- Understand specific goals and priorities of prenatal female programs.
- Understand the specific Program Design Principles for all female needs.
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.